segunda-feira, 27 de maio de 2013

Painting workshop with Julio Cabos

This weekend we had a painting workshop with Julio Cabos, a spanish master painter who works for Andrea Miniatures.

The workshop was realized at Porto Alegre, capital of the Rio Grande do Sul state.

There was 25 atendees for the workshop, from all around the coutry, with different skill levels.

The class focused on skin painting and cloth painting, using both brush and airbrush, Mr Julio is a experienced teacher, and his lessons where very clear.

Was nice to meet the friends i made in the last wokshop with Fernando Ruiz, and meet the other guys who missed it in the last year.

 The artbox for the figure, painted by Julio Cabos


 Another two figures painted by Julio Cabos
 This figure a friend brought to show to us! Eyecandy!
 My work at the workshop

People paying attention !

At this time, my camera went dead, shame on me. But my GF took some pictures with her phone!

 Everybody paying attention at the lesson!
 A fantastic pin-up, this picture was taken by a samsung galaxy, and now i think to throw away my crappy camera.
A picture with Maestro Julio!

Posing for the official picture!

A great view from Porto Alegre, took at the restaurant we had lunch.

I had a great time, meet some nice people, learned new tricks and painted a little bit! I even got two miniatures painted by Alessandro Nascimento(thank you buddy!), and won an Andrea's Red paint set! Until the next one!

ps: theres a link for Ale's album, with tons of pictures:
http://s791.photobucket.com/user/AleNasc/story/13319

2 comentários:

  1. Excellent Course with Maestro Julio Cabos. I leave my thanks to everyone who somehow helped me in Porto Alegre.
    André de Paula

    ResponderExcluir
  2. I enjoyed every minute of this course. Mr. Cabos gave a very comprehensive overview of basic techniques regarding brush types, brush strokes, paint load and consistensy, plus several points which I would never find in the books. Only then he started to work out his magic, right there in front of our own eyes.
    Thanks to everybody who attended the course, and also a special thanks to Mr. Fay for making it happen.

    ResponderExcluir